CHEF TOBZ RN CAKES AND PASTRIES: A MUST-SEE NEWEST AND RISING LOCAL SHOP IN DUMAGUETE
Dumaguete is quite impressive concerning the growth of local shops and cafes. With universities and working millennials in the small city, the expansion of unique pastries, brands, and businesses are centered and patronized. Now, let me take you to Chef Tobz RN cakes and Pastries as one of the newest but booming bakeries in Dumaguete.
WHAT AND WHO IS CHEF TOBZ?
I actually had only visited Chef Tobz last week when my Mom pointed out this bakery from a colleague. We bought their signature cake, and my first impression is that Chef Tobz is minimal and classy and as they say, first impressions always last.
That said, I came back this week and decided to share with you guys how awesome their bakery is. I also got a chance to meet Chef Tobz himself.
Opened in April of 2017, this local shop gained its popularity with just 6 months in the business. Why? Their cakes are unique and premium. Let’s talk about that later on.
WHERE DID THE NAME CHEF TOBZ RN COME FROM?
The brand got its name from the owner himself Toby with initials RN that stands for “Registered Nurse.” Yes, he is a registered nurse by profession and making up his way in the business field. Before Chef Tobz RN, he once also worked as a nurse and a front liner in hotels in Cebu.
Address: B-5 Central Arcade Bldg., 6200, Cervantes St, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental
Opening Hours: Monday – Saturday: 8:00AM – 12:00AM
Sunday: 8:00AM – 10:00PM
WHY CHOOSE CHEF TOBZ?
The ingredients are of high quality. Most of them are from Belgium, Malaysia, and Italy. Talk about international standards.
It is healthy as well as the bakery supports the use of olive oil and less percentage of sugar. The focus is more on premium ingredients of chocolates.
What I admire is that they would stick to their parts. Even if those components would arrive late from international suppliers, they aren’t willing to sacrifice quality over quantity.
The design of their cakes is utterly unique and mouthwatering. The photos are available below for reference. Most people say it is galaxy inspired 🙂 Chef admittedly said, all of their concepts were trial and error. What an excellent result though!
My sister and I had tasted their signature cake as what I have written earlier. We came back and ate their Matcha and Espresso Cake. I was full. We were full. The density of their cakes is proof of high-quality bakes. The taste is fantastic and luscious.
WHAT ABOUT THE PACKAGING?
I can honestly say that their packaging is by far the best in Dumaguete in the field of cakes and pastries. It’s matte, black and gold mixture is of outstanding quality. When you see somebody bringing their packaging – you can tell it’s from Chef Tobz RN Cakes and Pastries.
Other selections Chef Tobz offers:
- They serve coffee with imported ingredients too!
- They also sell cookies and cupcakes
- Right now, they are open for dessert buffet/ catering
- They create wedding cakes and customizable birthday cake
- Chef Tobz has the first matcha cake in Dumaguete City (which makes it more interesting)
- First Jackfruit cake too!
- Cakes displayed in their shop is just a portion of their production. More will be out soon so watch out for it. It may come before Christmas season!
- The Chef does not plan to branch out in Dumaguete. He plans to make Dumaguete well known for Chef Tobz and what a great idea to increase tourism in Dumaguete City!
- If asked about other plans to diversify – Chef Tobz said, “Hopefully, in the near future.” He might have to add salads or anything that relates to cold kitchen recipes.
- Chef Tobz also won as champion of Cebu Goes Culinary competition.
- Contact 09175037900 for inquiries and bulk orders
Their staff is accommodating and very professional. I can also add that they have lively energy and would quickly entertain you for your order. Had a good time taking photos with them because of their energy. I admire, and I believe customer service is key to every business. Customer service? I rate them 5/5. :))
GALLERY – ALL PHOTOS FROM CHEF TOBZ RN 🙂
LOVE AND ENJOY WHAT YOU ARE DOING, EVERYTHING ELSE WILL FOLLOW – CHEF TOBZ RN
Credits to some of the photos also to my sister: Frances Marie Cadiente
Credits to the gallery of photos: All coming from their Facebook Page 🙂
Thank you for dropping by!
Note: All these details are updated as of today September 24, 2017. It may change over the coming months so please contact Chef Tobz directly for any bookings :))